Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Blog 1: Meme


This is the meme I created. This kind of tells a little bit of how my family and friends view what I do as well as nurses versus what I actually do. My family really think that respiratory therapist don't do direct patient care, so I thought a post of me doing desk work was funny. My wife also works as a CT tech and sometimes she feels as if I am hiding with co-workers playing video games. For some reason nurses have always thought that respiratory therapists are lazy until they need us, but this is how I feel they view us. My boss often thinks I should move mountains in order to complete the daily workload. I feel like I should always get to do the fun things like intubate patients all the time, however, 95% of my job is delivering aerosol treatments. I learned that I actually have an amazing career and a loving and caring family. Even though at times, I feel like they give me a hard time, they really do care about what I do. I also learned that as a respiratory therapist I should not want to intubate patients all the time because this means they are really ill. Overall, this was a fun exercise and I really learned the importance on how I view my profession as well as others.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Jerry. It is really sad about how you feel nurses think about respiratory therapist, but I do understand. I have heard some comments before. I will tell you what though, respiratory therapist are some amazing people. My best friend is one and the things he goes through at work is crazy. One minute he will be giving a breathing treatment and the next minute he is keeping someone alive during a code. Respiratory therapists at my work are always ready to do their job and I really haven't met one that doesn't love what they do. I also really love that your wife thinks you play video games. I jokingly think this about my husband who is a radiology tech. :)

    ReplyDelete